WWF-CEE is seeking to recruit a Senior Communications and Media Manager for the Horizon NaturaConnect project. The project’s ambition is to develop knowledge and tools and build capacity to support the 27 EU Member States in realizing an ecologically representative, resilient and well-connected network of conserved areas that contribute to achieving the objectives of the EU Biodiversity Strategy for 2030, together with key decision-makers and stakeholders. The project has 22 project partners (research institutions and NGOs) and is under the leadership of the International Institute for Applied System Analyses (IIASA) and Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU). It will engage stakeholders in conducting research work and ensure that results are known by the public. Thus, we’re looking for a communication lead to ensure the success, internally and externally.
This is a full-time opportunity for a period of 4 years, starting July 2022. Possible locations include Hungary and Romania.
The jobholder will be responsible for the development and implementation of the communication strategy as well as the development and monitoring of the dissemination and exploitation strategies of the project. These objectives will be achieved in close cooperation with the Project Lead (International Institute for Applied System Analyses), the Work Package Communication Lead Europarc Federation, colleagues from WWF-CEE offices in Hungary, Romania and Austria, and external stakeholders.
- Development of communications strategy, targeted at the general public, relevant stakeholders (scientists, policy makers and political influencers) and project participants
- Development of communication tool development, including: visual identity box, website, social media presence
- Identification of target audience and development of targeted messaging
- Monitoring and evaluation of project communication impact
- Development of dissemination strategy for public disclosure, including: online channels, meetings and events, scientific publications, policy briefs, congress participation and case studies
- Development of exploitation strategy, aiming at transferring the project results (including new methodologies, tools, capacity built) for post project use, relying heavily on project partners
- Implementation of communication strategy and media support for WWF-CEE, including:
- Draft content tailored to different internal and public communication channels
- Communication campaigns development
- Engagement with other environmental NGOs, to ensure alignment of messaging
- Communication updates on relevant sites and social media channels
- Preparation of press releases, articles, interviews, news, presentations, etc.
- Relationship development with relevant journalists and bloggers
- Media monitoring
- Synergy with other projects and fields of activity, to capitalize on other opportunities, increase efficiency and boost impact
- Close collaboration with relevant colleagues from WWF-CEE
- Close collaboration with other professionals within the NatureConnect project and relevant external stakeholders
- Budget and subcontractor management
- University Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or other related field
- 5+ years experience in communications, 3 of which in handling external audiences
- Past involvement in EU funded or research projects is a plus
- Experience in managing communication or project processes
- Ambition, energy and drive, with a commitment to making a difference
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to collect, analyze and transmit information
- Ability to work with stakeholders having different/conflicting interests on the same issue
- Ability to work in an international environment and within a multicultural team
- A team player, committed to building a strong team and sharing success with colleagues
- Good networking and organizing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Computer literacy and experience with website management
- Fluency in English, oral and written, plus fluency in local language (Hungarian or Romanian)
- Experience with the issues and priorities of WWF, including e.g. environment and nature conservation, and work for an environmental organization is an advantage but not a necessity
- Alignment with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- the opportunity to make a difference – for the CEE region and for WWF
- challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- varying tasks and independent work style
- a pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
- a salary according to NGO standards
If you are interested in joining our team, send your CV and cover letter stating your interest in this position (in English) to the attention of Tsveta Petrushinova at email@example.com no later than 11 May 2022. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.
For more information about WWF-CEE, kindly check the website: https://www.wwfcee.org/.