WWF-CEE is looking for: Sturgeon Initiative Support Officer
Part time/Full time, 2 years fixed-term contract, maternity leave replacement to be located in Austria, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania or Slovakia.
WWF is the world's largest conservation organization, founded in 1961. We’re active in over 100 countries and have over 8000 employees.
WWW-Central and Eastern Europe (WWF-CEE) is the region that we call the Green Heart of Europe, with a team of over 200 highly specialized professionals, offices and projects in 6 countries: Bulgaria, Czechia, Hungary, Slovakia, Romania and Ukraine.
Within the broader conservation programme of WWF-CEE, highly endangered sturgeon species are one of our priorities. Several country offices in the Danube and Black Sea region work together to save these flagship species from extinction. In addition WWF-CEE leads WWF’s international sturgeon initiative that works across Europe and cooperates with stakeholders globally. The position will support the development of the initiative in various tasks.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our project team as a Support Officer. In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the smooth functioning of our projects by leveraging your organizational prowess, digital skills and administrative abilities. Our new colleague should ensure management support, quality assurance and project administration for the Global Sturgeon Initiative and other contracts and projects related but not limited to this Initiative.
Administrative Support to the Global Sturgeon Initiative and other projects
- Support the organisation of online and in-person meetings, note taking, ensure proper documentation of meetings and follow ups, document storage on internal drive
- Support monitoring of projects progress, develop templates for final deliverables, edit documents and ensure final layout of deliverables with external layouter and proof reader
- Support knowledge management of initiative (including maintenance of google drive and internal Initiative google site; picture & video database and other resources)
- Support Internal WWF Network Communication
- Coordinate reporting
- Ensure the functioning and updating of the project website
Optional (depending on candidate profile, abilities and experience)
- Support/Coordinate proposal developments for the sturgeon initiative
- Support writing, editing or coordination of communication tools
- Support/Coordinate the revision of the Global Sturgeon Strategy
- Lead/Support the development of a strategy or project proposal for the involvement of aquaculture companies in ex situ conservation breeding or other conservation actions
The ideal candidate would have:
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Strong digital skill
- Experience organizing offline and online events
- Ability to work independently and flexibly
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Detail-oriented with a keen eye for accuracy and consistency
- Knowledge on and experience with sturgeon/species/freshwater conservation or fisheries and aquaculture management is a plus
- Adheres to the WWF mission, as well as lives the WWF’s values: courage, integrity, respect, collaboration
- The opportunity to make a difference – for the CEE region and for WWF’s International Network
- 2 years contract starting 1st of March 2024 until March 2026
- Flexible working hours and remote working
- Challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- Friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- Varying tasks with opportunities for growth and development
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
- Experience with and insight into governance and management of an international non-profit organization
- A salary according to NGO standards
How to apply:
Please send an email with your CV and a Motivation letter stating your interest in this position, both written in English, to the attention of Larisa Fortunescu at email@example.com no later than 1st of February 2024.