WWF-CEE is seeking to recruit a Regional Proposal Development Expert to coordinate and drive our efforts in preparation of multi-country (regional), large-scale, long-term project proposals for Public sector funding, Trusts and Foundations, WWF Network and Corporate Partners.
Location: Bratislava, Budapest, Bucharest or Sofia. In exceptional cases, another location in the Central and Eastern European region may be considered.
- Drives the process of proposal development by engaging relevant teams, according to WWF’s procedures for successful submission of the proposals to identified donor opportunities (Public sector funding, Trusts and Foundations, WWF Network, Corporate Partners)
- Develops Roadmaps for proposal development; engages the internal WWF teams and external project partners; organises meetings and conducts follow up from meetings in order to secure the timely development and submission of proposals
- Contributes to the development of regional fundraising pipeline following WWF internal procedure and integrating national fundraising efforts
- Develops content and provides support and advice on project proposal development
- Develops relevant content for future projects independently or based on the input from the thematic teams and peer colleagues according to donor requirements
- Develops fundraising materials (concepts, cases for support) to scope funding opportunities for WWF-CEE, independently or based on the input from the thematic teams and peer colleagues
- Provides support to other Proposal Development Leads in WWF CEE, as need be.
- Identifies relevant PSP funding opportunities and maintains an updated Calendar of funding opportunities for Public sector funding and Trusts and Foundations
- Performs research, evaluates and documents relevant donors for WWF-CEE
- Understands donor trends and shares the information with relevant teams
- Works closely with relevant colleagues across the region, focused on project development and fundraising
- Liaises with partnerships and fundraising communities within the WWF network
- Liaises with donors and partners relevant for programme development and fundraising, in accordance with internal WWF agreements.
- University degree in social and/or environmental science
- Knowledge of fundraising sources for environmental protection and nature conservation
- Knowledge of and experience with project cycle management and project management
- 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising activities. A track record of successful fundraising;
- Experience working in an international and complex organisation, and in a virtual context
- Project development, management and implementation
- Stakeholder management and communication
- Process management
- Demonstrated ability in project cycle management;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team, particularly in the implementation of cross-country activities and projects
- Proven ability to work effectively with a range of partners
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in both written and spoken English
- Fluency in one of the region's languages (Bulgarian, Slovak, Hungarian or Romanian)
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Detail oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Creative, holistic and critical thinking
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google environment
- Alignment with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- the opportunity to make a difference – for the CEE region and for WWF
- challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- varying tasks and independent work style
- a pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
- a salary according to NGO standards*
* The compensation package will be aligned with local salary and benefits conditions, in line with our reward policy.
If you are interested in joining our team, send your CV and cover letter (in English) to the attention of Tsveta Petrushinova, Regional HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8 June 2022. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.
For more information about WWF-CEE, kindly check the website: https://www.wwfcee.org/.
Thumbnail images: © Mircea Verghelet