The job holder represents WWF-CEE on issues related to forest conservation, sustainable management and landscape finance both within the global WWF network and externally, and develops partnerships.
We encourage both senior and junior professionals to apply as responsibilities can be allocated depending on experience.
Location: Bratislava, Budapest, Bucharest, Kyiv or Sofia. In exceptional cases, another location in the Central and Eastern European region may be considered.
- Development and implementation of components of WWF-CEE´s regional Strategic Plan related to sustainable forest landscape management and financing and supports national strategies and work plans
- Development of policy documents of WWF-CEE related to sustainable forestry and contributes to policy documents of other conservation staff, where relevant
- Identifies and coordinates development of multi-country, complex proposals to donors, working and collaborating with essential regional partners, and supports national level fundraising
- Maintains relations with key donors (EU, corporate/private)
- Supervises, leads or supports implementation of multi-country projects related to sustainable forest landscape management and related fields
- Advises WWF-CEE project teams working on issues related to sustainable forestry and landscape level financing
- Represents the organization in relevant international forums such as conferences, symposiums, and governmental and community meetings to communicate and promote our work
- Develops and implements forest and landscape related advocacy strategies, including engagement with European Institutions, Members of European Parliament and other international organizations
- Develops partnerships with other international Civil Society Organizations
- Represents WWF interests in regional, European or international bodies as the Carpathian Convention Working Group on Forests, Technical Forest related Working Groups of the European Commission (e.g. DG Agri’s Civil Dialogue Group Forest, EUTR/FLEGT Expert Group)
- Represents WWF-CEE in WWF forums and ACAIs such as the global WWF Forest Practice, WWF EU Forest group, Forest Sector Transformation & Valuation ACAI and coordinates positioning of WWF-CEE within the WWF network on forest issues and sustainable landscape financing
- Represents WWF-CEE in project management groups or project steering groups of regional or EU wide projects (e.g. WWF - IKEA, LIFE Climaforcee)
- Supports WWF-CEE´s capacity building efforts related to sustainable forestry, landscape management and financing by coaching and mentoring colleagues and contributing to the design of relevant training programmes and events
- Facilitates the exchange of sustainable forest landscape management knowledge both within WWF-CEE and with other WWF offices and the external expert and practitioners’ community
- Facilitates on-going learning in the regional forest team, via structured knowledge-sharing and training initiatives
- Monitors and analyses drivers of and trends in the regional forest sector and develops strategies for leveraging investment in sustainable forest management and conservation
- Guides the development of innovative approaches in the field of integrated forest conservation and landscape management within WWF-CEE
- Liaises with scientists and scientific institutions (e.g. Science for the Carpathians network, universities) and networks (e.g. Carpathian Network of Protected Areas) for knowledge transfer and partnership development
- Works in close coordination with the WWF-CEE regional communication team as well as across the network to communicate issues and achievements to defined target audiences.
- Coordinates the development of knowledge products showcasing results of WWF-CEE´s forest-related activities
- Contributes to the development and implementation of advocacy campaigns and information campaigns
- MSc in forest management, sustainable development, conservation or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of sustainable forest management and conservation as well as landscape level management and financing, particularly in Central and Eastern Europe
- Understanding of related subjects is an asset such economics, climate & energy policies, management of ecological corridors, or of protected areas
- Experience in coordinating/managing/working in diverse teams
- Experience in engaging with officials from government and the private sector
- Experience in proposal writing
- Ambition, energy and drive, with a commitment to making a difference
- Excellent interpersonal and team building abilities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and one other language of the region
- Ability to collect, analyze and transmit information in an effective manner
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership and team coordination
- Project management knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work in an international environment and within a multicultural team
- Alignment with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- the opportunity to make a difference – for the CEE region and for WWF
- challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- varying tasks and independent work style
- a pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
- a salary according to NGO standards*
* The compensation package will be aligned with local salary and benefits conditions, in line with our reward policy.
If you are interested in joining our team, send your CV and cover letter (in English) to the attention of Tsveta Petrushinova, Regional HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 21 February 2022.
Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.